So simple, even the worst bakers in the world could make this delicious loaf of bread!
- 3 C flour
- 1 1/2 C warm water
- 1/2 tsp yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Add yeast to 1 C of warm water. Let sit for a minute or two.
- While the yeast and water are sitting, add flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add water/yeast combo and the extra 1/2 C water.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon (or hands!) and cover with a plastic wrap. Let rise for at least a few hours. I usually make mine in the morning and it is ready by dinner, but you could bake this as soon as two hours from mixing.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425* and put a large dutch oven/ pot into the oven. Let it get nice and hot, I usually let it sit for at least 10 minutes or so.
- Take it out VERY CAREFULLY as it will be extremely hot. I usually add some flour to my hands and work it into the dough until it is not sticky, then sift some flour into the bottom of my pot so that the dough does not stick to the pot. (This is also where you will add in your shredded cheese if you are using it.) Put your dough in the pot and cover with either a lid or some foil. (We have glass lids, so we use foil, but either will work.)
- Bake for about 35 minutes. Remove the lid/foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until the top is just slightly browning.
- Eat up and enjoy!